Monday, December 12, 2011

Love for a Child

I’m interested in the song I just found in my PC: Love for a Child by Jason Mraz. I browsed the internet then to find the facts about him. And I fell deeper in love with this song.

Jason Mraz was born on June 23, 1977 in Mechanicsville, Virginia. His parents Tom Mraz, a local postal worker, and June Mraz, split when he was five. He is of Czech descent through his grandfather, and his surname means 'frost' in Czech. (http://www.buzzle.com/articles/biography-of-jason-mraz.html)

Jason Mraz recalled his childhood memories and wrote them in the song entitled "Love for a Child".

The first lines:
There's a picture on my kitchen wall
Looks like Jesus and his friends involved
show that he’s from a religious family, proven by religious picture on his wall.

There's a party getting started in the yard
Seems drawing what a happy family he had. But in the next line he (as a child) told us he saw something he shouldn't see.
There's a couple getting steamy in the car parked in the drive
Was I too young to see this with my eyes?
It could be his parents' affair (or something else) before the divorce (when he was a five-year-old boy). 

By the pool last night, apparently
The chemicals weren't mixed properly
In these lines, the chemicals (can) be defined as his feeling. He didn't know what he felt exactly. He was in a confusion.

You hit your head and then forgot your name
And then you woke up at the bottom by the drain
And now your altitude and memory's a shame

He wished to forget everything. When he had to write this song, (maybe) he didn't want to. But he tried to recall his childhood memories and write it as a song. It hurt to recall bad memories (memory's a shame).

The chorus:
What about taking this empty cup and filling it up
With a little bit more of innocence
I haven't had enough, it's probably because when you're young
It's okay to be easily ignored
I'd like to believe it was all about love for a child

It wants to show Jason's hope that he could repeat his childhood. Changing the sad memories with the happy ones. "Empty cup" can be defined as his childhood which was not wonderful, not interesting, gloomy; his empty heart. "filling it up with a little bit more innocence" means as a child, he should be innocence, not think about "adult" matters as what he has done. In this line, he recalled his memory when he was ignored by his busy parents; busy of work and arguing each other (Was it mom who put my dad out on his ass or the other way around). He didn't get enough attention from his parents. It didn't matter as a child. He could find the good things from that. He could feel his freedom without parents managed his activities. (It's kinda nice to work the floor since the divorce. I've been enjoying both my Christmases and my birthday cakes. And taking drugs and making love at far too young an age. And they never check to see my grades)

He started to regret his past, his childhood. However, it's too late. No use to regret all now (What a fool I'd be to start complaining now).

Nowadays, many parents are too busy earning money. Parents often say, "We work hard for our children, giving the best to our children. We want our children have money to buy food, clothes, and whatever they need." That's not an excuse, indeed. Children need attention from both mom and dad.
Many of them also get divorce without thinking the children, or they can say "We get divorce because we love you. We don't want you to be hurt." That's not an excuse either, parents. Children need love from both mom and dad. How can you give love when you don't love each other?
Well, that what happens in this real life. From this "Love for a Child" Jason tells about his miserable childhood, and he (probably) doesn't want other children to feel what he felt. He wants a better world and give LOVE FOR every CHILD.

Here is the complete lyric:

Love for a Child
There's a picture on my kitchen wall
Looks like Jesus and his friends involved
There's a party getting started in the yard
There's a couple getting steamy in the car parked in the drive
Was I too young to see this with my eyes?

By the pool last night, apparently
The chemicals weren't mixed properly
You hit your head and then forgot your name
And then you woke up at the bottom by the drain
And now your altitude and memory's a shame

What about taking this empty cup and filling it up
With a little bit more of innocence
I haven't had enough, it's probably because when you're young
It's okay to be easily ignored
I’d like to believe it was all about love for a child

And when the house was left in shambles
Who was there to handle all the broken bits of glass
Was it mom who put my dad out on his ass or the other way around
Well I'm far too old to care about that now

What about taking this empty cup and filling it up
With a little bit more of innocence
I haven't had enough, it's probably because when you're young
It's okay to be easily ignored
I'd like to believe it was all about love for a child

It's kinda nice to work the floor since the divorce
I've been enjoying both my Christmases and my birthday cakes
And taking drugs and making love at far too young an age
And they never check to see my grades
What a fool I'd be to start complaining now

What about taking this empty cup and filling it up
With a little bit more of innocence
I haven't had enough, it's probably because when you're young
It's okay to be easily ignored
I'd love to believe it's all about love for a child
It was all about love …

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget